Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Venture BGs Pt1

Back when I interned on Venture Brothers, I did some tonals for the BG artists. BG supervisor George Fort entrusted me with this massive challenge of the NY cityscape. He provided me with the sketch design below, which had the main building drawn out, though the background buildings were rough and it was up to me to tighten the design.



George took the time and care to make sure the central building was complete before passing the job to me, so I can't take credit for the "Impossible Building and Plaza", though all the other buildings, streets and sidewalks were created by me. He gave me some photo reference of the city, and I picked a few landmarks to detail, while other buildings were left to my imagination. I learned some great perspective tricks from that internship and devised a few of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment